Edward J. Nuttall—Partner
An experienced trial attorney, Edward J. Nuttall has received Martindale Hubbell's highest rating of “AV Preeminent” in the areas of Criminal Law, Litigation, and Family Law. Mr. Nuttall has been named as one of the Top 100 Criminal Defense Attorneys in Virginia by the National Trial Lawyers Association and a Top Criminal Defense Attorney and Personal Injury Attorney by Northern Virginia Magazine.
Mr. Nuttall has tried civil and criminal case throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia. His experience as a prosecutor has allowed him to build a successful criminal practice, with experience trying cases ranging from misdemeanor and traffic matters, including DUI, reckless driving, and domestic assault to serious felonies including sex crimes, larcenies, financial crimes and violent crimes. Mr. Nuttall is also an experienced civil litigator, focusing on personal injury matters and divorce, child support, child custody, and visitation matters. Mr. Nuttall is a recognized authority on police use of force issues in Virginia, having represented law enforcement in over twenty police shooting cases since 2002, serving as General Counsel to the Fraternal Order of Police Fairfax Lodge 77. In addition, Mr. Nuttall lectures at Continuing Legal Education Courses and has taught at the Fairfax County Criminal Justice Academy.
Mr. Nuttall is an active member of Autism Speaks, a national advocacy group, where he sit on the Board of Directors, serves on the Sponsorship and Community Outreach Committees and serves as Chairman of the National Capital Area Autism Speaks 5K.
Areas of Practice
- Virginia, 1996
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia, 1996
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, 1996
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- 2013-1016 Top 100 Criminal Defense Attorneys in Virginia
- 2014-2016 Top Criminal Defense Lawyer and Personal Injury in Northern Virginia
- Catholic University School of Law, J.D., 1996
- Catholic University, B.A., 1990
- Fairfax County Bar Association
- Fairfax Law Foundation, contributor
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- National Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Virginia Women Attorneys Association
- Virginia State Bar