Brandon R. Shapiro is a seasoned trial attorney, having served as a Senior Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney for Fairfax County for 12 years prior to joining Carroll & Nuttall, P.C. Mr. Shapiro has tried both civil and criminal cases throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia. His trial experience includes murders, manslaughters, robberies, larcenies, driving while intoxicated, reckless driving, distribution of narcotics, and a vast array of other crimes. While at the Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office, Mr. Shapiro was in charge of asset forfeitures and expungements. Mr. Shapiro brings his expert experience to his clients, allowing them to have the most comprehensive strategy for addressing their case and getting the best outcome. Prior to joining the Fairfax County Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office in 2006, Mr. Shapiro was an Associate Attorney at Whitestone, Brent, Young & Merrill.
Currently, Mr. Shapiro is serving as General Counsel to the Fraternal Order of Police Fairfax Lodge 77.
Mr. Shapiro is a top AV rated attorney.
Areas of Practice:
- Criminal and Traffic Law
- Personal Injury
- Drug-related asset forfeitures & seizures
- Virginia, 2005
- Eastern District of Virginia 2018
- 2012 – Top Trial Lawyers in Northern Virginia by Northern Virginia Magazine
- Fairfax County Bar Association
- Alternate Member on the Judicial Screening Committee
- Widener University School of Law, J.D., 2005 (Cum Laude)
- Barton College, B.A., 2000
Mr. Shapiro is the father of three boys and a native to Northern Virginia. In his spare time, Mr. Shapiro coaches youth soccer for Braddock Road Youth Club.