John Carroll is a preeminent trial lawyer that has represented individuals in a wide array of matters in both Civil and Criminal cases.
In the Civil practice, John has recovered Millions of dollars for his clients in a wide variety of complex cases including employment and workplace violence, trucking and automobile accident cases , Nursing Home Abuse and Sexual abuse cases. John was a former prosecutor and has seen great success representing individuals on whistleblower cases within the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Criminal & Traffic Practice
John , as a former prosecutor in Fairfax County, is the man to call when the police are knocking on your door. Those moments can be the critical moments that determine what the charges may be or if they are charged at all. His criminal practice includes everyday misdemeanor offenses, felonies including Murder. In 2015, John represented a Fairfax County Police after being the first ever to be charged with Murder.
John is a lifelong resident of Northern Virginia and commits a significant amount of his free time with community activities. He was a youth sports coach with Vienna Youth in Football, Basketball, Lacrosse and Soccer. In addition, he is actively involved through his Firm’s charitable endeavors including Autism Speaks.
After 27 years as an attorney, John is frequently asked to speak to Attorney’s in Continuing Legal Education seminars and the Northern Virginia Criminal Justice Academy.
- Driving While Intoxicated
- Reckless Driving
- Misdemeanor Criminal Offenses
- Felony offenses including
- Drug Distribution
- Violent Crimes
- Civil Litigation
- Whistleblower (False Claims Act, Qui Tam)
- Commercial and Business Litigation
- Automobile Accidents
- Trucking Accidents
- George Mason University School of Law, J.D., 1992
- Brown University, B.A., 1986
- Student Representative, Athletic Advisory Council
- Captain, Varsity Men's Soccer Team
- All-Ivy League Men's Soccer
- All-New England Men's Soccer
- Virginia, 1993
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia, 1993
- Fairfax Bar Association
- Circuit Court Committee, past
- Continuing Legal Education Committee, past
- Judicial Selection Committee, past
- General District Court Committee, past
- Law Foundation sponsor
- Member of Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of Association of Truck Accident Attorney’s
- Member of American Association of Justice
- National Crime Victims Bar Association
- CLE presenter Northern Virginia Black Attorney’s Association
- CLE presenter Fairfax Bar Association
- Presenter at Northern Virginia Criminal Justice Academy
- General Counsel for the Fairfax Coalition of Police, Local 5000