Fairfax Car Accident Attorneys
Helping You with Your Virginia Car Accident Claim
The human body is not meant for car crashes. Vehicle safety features help victims cope with the impact of traffic accidents, but they can only do so much. All too often, people are injured and bereaved by automotive collisions. In many cases, the person who is harmed did not cause the accident.
When this occurs, civil litigation allows victims the opportunity for justice. With the help of Carroll & Nuttall, PLLC, anyone who has been injured by someone else’s negligence can pursue monetary damages to help them recover.
Call us at (703) 952-5801 to find out how we can help you today.
Types of Car Accidents
No matter how fast you are going or where the impact takes place on your vehicle, car accidents can be harmful.
We handle all types of car crashes, including:
- Rear-end accidents – as the most common type of car accident, rear-end collisions occur when one vehicle collides with the rear of another. The rear driver is almost always at fault and the majority of rear-end accidents are the result of distracted driving.
- Head-on collisions – these accidents are some of the most dangerous on the road and are the result of the front of one vehicle colliding with the front of another. Frontal impact crashes frequently take place when people drive on the wrong side of the road or under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Rollover accidents – rollovers are one of the reasons you should always wear a seatbelt and are one of the most dangerous motor vehicle crashes, accounting for about 2% of all accidents and 35% of all fatalities. According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS): “A crash is classified as a rollover if the vehicle tips onto its side or roof at any time during the crash.”
- Side-impact collisions – anytime part of one vehicle collides with the side of the other, you’re looking at a side-impact collision. This type of accident includes “T-bone” crashes, which are common when drivers fail to yield at intersections, and “sideswipe” crashes, which are frequently the result of unsafe lane changes or poor lane discipline.
- Single-vehicle crashes – not all car accidents involve 2 vehicles. Defective auto parts and unsafe road conditions can cause single-vehicle accidents, and the negligent parties can still be held accountable.
Causes of Car Accidents
Car accidents are almost always caused by negligence, which is the legal term for carelessness.
Some of the most common causes of car accidents we see at our firm include:
- Driving under the influence
- Distracted driving
- Texting while driving
- Aggressive driving and road rage
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Unsafe lane changes
- Improper turns
- Ignoring the rules of the road
- And more
Whether someone runs a stop sign or drifts from their lane, you should not have to suffer the consequences alone. Our team at Carroll & Nuttall, PLLC helps ensure you don’t have to.
Most Common Car Accident Injuries
Even the most low-speed car accident can result in lifelong injuries. The most severe car accidents can result in the loss of a loved one and wrongful death charges.
The most common car accident injuries are as follows:
- Soft tissue injuries (sprains, strains, and whiplash)
- Fractures (broken bones)
- Lacerations (cuts)
- Contusions (bruises)
- Road rash (friction burns)
- Spinal cord injuries (SCI)
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Amputations (of arms and legs)
- Paralysis (paraplegia and quadriplegia)
- Permanent disability (blindness, hearing loss, etc.)
- Internal injuries (damaged organs and internal bleeding)
Don’t suffer any of the above injuries in silence. Instead, trust our Fairfax car accident attorneys to help you recover.
If you are injured or bereaved in any type of car crash, do not hesitate to call our Fairfax car accident attorneys today.
How Your Attorney Can Help
After a car crash, you may be facing medical bills, missed work, and other accident-related expenses. Our attorneys can help you recover these “damages” from the at-fault party by filing a personal injury lawsuit.
A successful settlement or verdict can help you account for:
- Therapy and rehabilitative care
- Missed wages
- Changes to your earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of companionship and consortium
- Present and future medical expenses
- And more
Some cases even justify punitive damages. Also called exemplary damages, punitive damages are designed to punish and make an example of the wrongdoer, helping ensure what happened to you does not happen to anyone else in the future.
Call Carroll & Nuttall, PLLC Today
Our firm is here to help and here to fight. From the moment you walk through our doors, you will develop a valuable relationship with one of our skilled and experienced car accident lawyers. The local attorney you meet with during your initial consultation will be by your side throughout your entire case.
You can expect to receive straightforward legal advice, care and compassion, and, most importantly, a thorough, focused, and aggressive advocate who will fight for your rights.
We look forward to fighting for you in Fairfax and the surrounding areas.